How to: Tackle Your To-Do's
A lot on your plate? No sweat. We're going to tackle this together.
Adulthood is all about moving pieces, a symphony really, and you are the conductor. Without you, all we have is a bunch of instruments perhaps getting played, but never working in unison to complete the entire performance. Now what fun is that?
Here are some things that I've learned about actually completing my daily tasks.
My To-Do List Tips:
- Write out your tasks for the day, starting with the toughest item first
- Having trouble with this? Start off by writing out what needs to get done in the next 4 months, then narrow down tasks for each month. Hop into March, and break your tasks down week by week. Finally, go to each of the 7 days and write out what is feasible for each day.
- Dedicate a time slot for each of your tasks
- And then, set a timer. Sometimes the more time you give yourself to complete a task, the more time it takes you to complete.
- Don't over-do it
- You can't finish everything all at once. If you over-do your to-do list, you will wind up rolling over all your tasks to the next day in a never-ending cycle.
- Set a due date
- Once again...be realistic! I can't stress this enough, you can't get everything done in one day. And guess what, you don't need to!
Are you a list person or do you have a different system for ensuring your life is moving along? Share your to-do list experiences in the comments below!
Opening up my Notes app to check this blog off my list,